Structural quality issues are at the heart of system breaches and IT outages making headlines weekly. As a result, there is growing demand for software quality training and certification. CISQ is developing a certification program to empower technology vendors and IT service providers to certify software according to standards developed by CISQ.
Technology Conformance Assessment Method
A conformance assessment method is being developed to validate that software quality tools and IT service providers are conformant to CISQ/OMG structural quality standards. The provider can certify software quality characteristics (Security, Reliability, Maintainability, etc.) of an IT product.
Tools that are CISQ-conformant must demonstrate compliance in four areas:
- The capability to properly load and prepare all software within the analysis boundary
- The capability to analyze and detect all CISQ quality characteristic violations within the scope of the quality characteristics for which certification is sought
- The capability of the software to accurately compute the CISQ-specified measures from the results of the analysis
- The capability to provide auditable reports that identify all violations detected in the analysis and the measures derived from the software
Evaluation of service process consists of three sub-processes:
- A service engagement process
- An application set-up and analysis process
- A results delivery and interpretation process
Professional Certification Exam
A professional certification exam will help to address the IT industry’s skills gap by training IT pros in the structural quality of software. Read more about the OMG Certified CISQ Developer™ (OCCD™) Program being considered for development. Interested in becoming a launch sponsor of the exam? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.